Overview of Volkswagen Service
Did you know that Volkswagen is one of the foremost manufacturers of automobiles in the entire world? It all began with the beloved Volkswagen Beetle that became so popular in the 1960s, with what was at the time a revolutionary design – the engine over the drive wheels! And at the time, cars were much easier to service and repair, so one of the main selling points was that you needed only a couple of tools to manage Volkswagen service on your own.
VW has come a long way – now, most people would not be able to handle their own Volkswagen service. That’s why we invite you to visit us at Escondido German Auto. We know what your Volkswagen needs. We can also handle service for all the other brands that VW has taken over, including Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche, just to name a few popular German models.
If you have a Volkswagen, you may have chosen it because it is the most affordable German brand. It is also one of the easiest to service. You can’t let your Volkswagen service go neglected, though, so this is what we recommend:
- An oil change approximately every 7,500 miles for vehicles that have fewer than 100,000 miles
- An oil change every 5,000 miles for vehicles that have more than 100,000 miles
- A brake flush twice a year
- Coolant service every three years
- Transmission service every 40,000-60,000 miles
- Spark plug change every 40,000-80,000 miles
- An air filter change every 40,000 miles, or more frequently if your engine takes in a lot of contaminants
- Timing belt and water pump replacement every 80,000-100,000 miles
- Fuel filter replacement every 20,000 miles for gas engines, and every 60,000 miles for diesel
We are not saying that the instant your odometer hits a certain number, you have to rush right in for Volkswagen service – you can see that there is a bit of flexibility here. But do not let your Volkswagen service needs go neglected. After all, you want you VW to last you a long time.
For Volkswagen service you can trust, contact us at Escondido German Auto. We are located at 1554 E. Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92027. You can book an appointment by phoning 760-741-3905, or if you prefer to book online, use the form on our Contact Us page. We are your Volkswagen service experts, and we are here for you.