This car company is one of the biggest car manufactures in the world. It all started with the Beetle that was introduced into the American market in the 1960’s and since has made Volkswagen a hit with the general public. With a total of 21,529,464 Beetles built since the 1945, Volkswagen has since taken over many other well known brands. They own manufactures such as Lamborghini, Ducati Motorcycles, Bentley, Audi, Bugatti , and Porsche just to name a few.
The Volkswagen slogan is “Das Auto” or “Drivers Wanted”, even though its original version was the root translation of its name being “The People’s Car”. They have since the early 2000’s been trying to get back to that cult following that made the company so popular during the 1960’s and 70’s. Volkswagen even teamed up with Steve Jobs and Apple to introduce the first car to come factory with an interface with the recently released IPod in the early 2000’s.
VW cars have been the most affordable of all the German brands, and has made them popular as an entry level vehicle with the younger generation. Diesel versions of these have been limited due to the tight emissions requirements put on by the Federal and State laws. As with the progress of technology, so has the ability to create a “Clean” diesel that is allowed for sale in the US. We have seen a wave of these in our bays since there release.
With the newer Volkswagens, (Gas and Diesel) we have seen tighter service requirements.
Based on our experience with the newer VW cars, this is our recommendations to keep it running like new.
We follow the strict guidelines for maintenance of these cars, but tailor it to realistic intervals to follow over the long term. Here are some standard service suggestions:
- Oil Change service for vehicles with UNDER 100,000 miles, change every 7500 miles
- Oil Change Recommendations with OVER 100,000 miles, change every 5000 miles
- Brake Flushes Recommended every 2 Years due to moisture build up in fluid
- Coolant Service Recommended every 3 Years to maintain the proper PH balance in the system
- Transmission Service every 40-60,000 miles to extend the life of the Transmission
- Spark Plug recommended between 40k-80,000 miles depending on engine type
- Cabin Air Filters recommended every 20-30,000 miles
- Engine Air Filters recommended every 40,000 under normal driving conditions
- Timing Belt/ Water pump Combo Recommended every 80-100,000 miles
- Fuel Filters every 20-60,000 miles depending on whether it’s a Gas or Diesel
Escondido German Auto stands behind all our work by backing its with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. We can offer this by using the Original Equipped parts and having one of our trained Volkswagen service technicians install them on your vehicle.
To learn more about VW Service, read our other pages and blogs: