Known for its ability to push the boundaries for what we define as a luxury car, Mercedes Benz continues to be in our opinion the most reliable of all the German makes. With Mercedes Benz starting it all with the invent of the first driving automobile in 1886. They since have used the slogan “Das Beste oder nichts” (English: “The best or nothing”).
Mercedes has stuck by Mobil 1 as there tried and true oil that they use in all of their cars and we here at EGA stick to their high standards by only using Mobil 1 with every service we do. We have chosen to delete the word Compromise from our vocabulary at EGA. With the newly accepted import of the Sprinter Vans, we have come to embrace these into one of our specialties. Always as before we have the factory SDS Mercedes testers on site to maintain the same level of diagnostic ability as the dealer.
Mercedes services on the early cars were called a “Flex A” or “B” service. This was revolutionary when Mercedes introduced beginning with the 1998 model year. The “Flex” service stands for a flexible service. This was the 1st intelligent service by any manufacture. It has since been copied by most of the other german car companies.
This has changed slightly on the newer cars starting in 2003 with the E-Class. The services can go up the alphabet up to Service H. This is not a preset service based on the letter, but is a calculation of the amount of time needed with the car to perform the service. To accurately estimate your service needs, having the vehicle on site to access the stored service numbers are necessary.
We recommend to follow the service intervals based on our experience over the years. Here are a few example of Mercedes-Benz services:
- Oil Change service for vehicles with UNDER 100,000 miles, change every 10,000 miles
- Oil Change Recommendations with OVER 100,000 miles, change every 7500 miles
- Brake Flushes Recommended every 2 Years due to moisture build up in fluid
- Coolant Service Recommended every 3 Years to maintain the proper PH balance in the system
- Transmission Service every 60,000 miles to extend the life of the Transmission
- Spark Plug recommended between 60k-100k depending on engine type
- Cabin Air Filters recommended every 20-30,000 miles
- Engine Air Filters recommended every 40,000 under normal driving conditions
We stand behind all our work by backing its with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. We can offer this by using the Original Equipped parts and having one of our Mercedes Benz trained technicians to install them on your vehicle.
To learn more, read our other blogs and pages: