Overview of Audi Service
Have you ever wondered what your car’s name means? Audi comes from the name of the founder, August Horch, which is a German word for “listen.” Translated into Latin, it becomes “Audi.” From our perspective at Escondido German Auto, that simple translation says a lot. It speaks not just to the way in which Audi as a manufacturer listens to what their customers want in a high-end vehicle, but also to the way we handle your Audi service needs.
As we move further into the new millennium, it becomes even more important that we stay constantly on top of new advances in Audi service, and listen to our clients. We know that you want things to run smoothly, so we follow manufacturers’ guidelines for repair and service, but we also try to inject a bit of realism into the process.
We know that you are busy. And sometimes, you let your Audi service needs take a back seat to other things you have to deal with. If that happens, you can rely on us to get you up to date and keep you motoring safely.
There are several Audi service procedures that you should make sure to have done regularly, within the guidelines below. You can see that there is some flexibility. Ideally, you should:
- Change your oil approximately every 7,500 miles if your vehicle has fewer than 100,000 miles
- Change your oil approximately every 5,000 miles if your vehicle has more than 100,000 miles
- Flush your brakes twice a year
- Have your coolant serviced every three years
- Have your transmission checked and serviced every 40,000-80,000 miles
- Replace your cabin air filters every 20,000-30,000 miles
- Change your engine air filter approximately every 40,000 miles – more often if you drive a lot on dirt roads
- Replace your timing belt and water pump every 80,000-100,000 miles
So, you can see that your Audi service timing is not etched in stone. We do suggest, though, that you don’t let routine Audi service go too long – after all, you love your Audi, and you want to keep it running properly for a long time.
For all your Audi service needs, contact us at Escondido German Auto. We are conveniently located at 1554 E. Grand Ave., Escondido, CA 92027. You can call us at 760-741-3905 to book an appointment, or you can arrange one by using the form on our Contact Us page.